This Bacon, Spinach and Tomato Pasta—with only 5 ingredients and cooks in one pot or pan—is stress- and worry-free to make and my whole family enjoys it.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Yields|
|5 minutes||25 minutes||30 minutes||6 servings|
- 10 ounces pasta
- 6 bacon slices
- 4 garlic cloves (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1. In a large all-purpose pan, COOK pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, CHOP the bacon and set aside. DRAIN cooked pasta and set aside.
3. In the same pan, COOK bacon over medium heat until brown and crisp, 10 minutes. Set bacon aside and leave 3 tablespoons of bacon oil in the pan.
4. If using fresh garlic, CHOP then COOK garlic in bacon oil, 1 minute. Turn heat off, STIR in spinach and tomatoes (and garlic powder if using) until heated through, 3 minutes. STIR in pasta and bacon to combine.
Cut up 2 to 4 bacon slices at a time with kitchen shears instead of chopping them with a knife.
For less dirty dishes, use the same plate the uncooked bacon was cut or chopped to transfer the cooked bacon. There’s no need to line the plate with paper towel.
For a minimal-prepped dinner, I often use garlic powder, prepackaged organic baby spinach and canned diced tomatoes.
Share as a side by itself or as a main dish with cheesy or garlic bread.