This vEGGie Bake comes in shareable size to enjoy with family and friends. It’s flavor-filled, protein-packed and easy to customize with ingredients you may already have at home like frozen vegetables, dairy and dairy-alternatives, spices and cooked meat.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Yields|
|10 minutes||30 minutes||40 minutes||8 servings|
- 1 tablespoon butter, coconut or olive oil
- 2 cups frozen vegetable(s) like chopped bell peppers, chopped spinach, chopped onions or hashed potatoes
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
1. PREHEAT oven to 400°F. If butter or oil is solid, MELT in a 9 x 13 baking pan while oven is preheating. GREASE bottom and sides of pan with melted butter or oil.
2. SPREAD vegetables into pan and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, BEAT eggs and STIR in remaining ingredients to combine. POUR egg mixture into pan. BAKE, uncovered, 30 minutes.
If using solid butter or coconut oil, place the butter or oil in the pan and place the pan in the oven for a few minutes while the oven is preheating. Use a timer to prevent the butter or oil from burning.
To make into portable breakfast muffins, POUR in greased muffin pan. BAKE, uncovered, 30 minutes.
To make ahead, assemble the dish, cover and refrigerate overnight. Uncover before baking.